Reed signs new deal with Daggers
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Jake Reed has extended his stay with the club until the summer of 2015.
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Jake Reed has signed a new two-year contract extension with the club.
Since the loan departure of Dwight Gayle to Peterborough, which became permanent yesterday, the 21-year-old has started in all bar one of Daggers’ games.
And though he is yet to score for the first team he is held in high regard by manager John Still and his management team, who has given the former Great Yarmouth Town youngster a contract which sees Reed stay at Victoria Road until the summer of 2015.
On the deal for Reed, boss John Still said: “This is Jake’s second year with us and he’s started eight league games now and he’s worked really hard.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all really pleased with the progress he has made and of course I am delighted he has extended his time here. Hopefully between now and the start of next season we will see him push on even further.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould