Red Nose Day: Student nurses to shave heads for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
Two student nurses will be shaving off their locks to raise money for Comic Relief.
Sandra Monk and Louise Wainwright, who are both studying mental health nursing at Southbank University, will be doing the challenge on Friday night.
Sandra, 39, who is currently working with the Havering Early Intervention in Psychosis Team, said she wanted to do something drastic to raise money, and hopes the change will make people donate.
She said: “I wanted to raise money last year, but decided this year to shave all my hair off. Both mine and Louise’s hair is half way down our backs, and we will both shave it off completely, so it will be a big change.
“I can’t remember ever having short hair and I know I will cry after I have had it done, but it is for a worthwhile cause and I don’t mind suffering to make a difference.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair, who have raised £500 so far, will hold the fundraising event from 7pm at Goodmayes Social Club, and the person who donates the most amount of money will be able to shave their hair off.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?