Real mum from Hornchurch to star in beauty billboard campaign
A Hornchurch mother was selected from thousands to help front a new Dove billboard campaign - after just filling out a simple form when doing her weekly supermarket shop.
Lucky Ellen Haynes, of South End Road, was one of 10 real women picked at random in a prize draw run with ASDA nationwide to become new faces of the beauty brand.
The 32-year-old stay-at-home mum will soon be seen starring in a 10ft-tall billboard in a car park in Bexley as well as a number of prominent sites across the UK as part of the campaign.
As part of their prize they were invited to take part in an all-expenses paid photoshoot in London with photographer Mark Curtis, and a pampering day.
Ellen, who has never modelled in her life before, said: “The Dove photo shoot was a fantastic experience. I’m so proud to be a part of the campaign and will be telling all my friends and family to go and check out the billboards now that they are up!”
You may also want to watch:
The campaign forms part of the brand global mission to help women fulfil their personal potential for beauty.
Thousands of female hopefuls from across the UK filled out entry forms when the “Look your best, feel your happiest with Dove and ASDA” competition was launched back in March.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Love is in the hair: Care home helps resident rekindle hairdressing passion
EDove customer marketing manager Lucy Houghton said: “Since the launch of the iconic advertising campaign featuring real women in their underwear, the Dove ads continue to resonate with women worldwide; which is why it wasn’t surprising that we were inundated with thousands of entries for the competition.
“The real women in the billboards show that beauty is for everyone.”
The women will be dressed from head to toe in George from ASDA in the billboards, which are set to appear in selected locations across the UK from June 27.