Real mum from Hornchurch to star in beauty billboard campaign
A Hornchurch mother was selected from thousands to help front a new Dove billboard campaign - after just filling out a simple form when doing her weekly supermarket shop.
Lucky Ellen Haynes, of South End Road, was one of 10 real women picked at random in a prize draw run with ASDA nationwide to become new faces of the beauty brand.
The 32-year-old stay-at-home mum will soon be seen starring in a 10ft-tall billboard in a car park in Bexley as well as a number of prominent sites across the UK as part of the campaign.
As part of their prize they were invited to take part in an all-expenses paid photoshoot in London with photographer Mark Curtis, and a pampering day.
Ellen, who has never modelled in her life before, said: “The Dove photo shoot was a fantastic experience. I’m so proud to be a part of the campaign and will be telling all my friends and family to go and check out the billboards now that they are up!”
You may also want to watch:
The campaign forms part of the brand global mission to help women fulfil their personal potential for beauty.
Thousands of female hopefuls from across the UK filled out entry forms when the “Look your best, feel your happiest with Dove and ASDA” competition was launched back in March.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
EDove customer marketing manager Lucy Houghton said: “Since the launch of the iconic advertising campaign featuring real women in their underwear, the Dove ads continue to resonate with women worldwide; which is why it wasn’t surprising that we were inundated with thousands of entries for the competition.
“The real women in the billboards show that beauty is for everyone.”
The women will be dressed from head to toe in George from ASDA in the billboards, which are set to appear in selected locations across the UK from June 27.