Real Fireman Sam makes dream come true for cartoon-mad Hornchurch boy
A Hornchurch boy’s dream came true at the weekend when the real Fireman Sam – and some heroes next door - gave him a special birthday surprise.
Sam superfan Danny Redman had his third birthday in Rocky’s Fun Cafe, in North Street, Hornchurch - themed around the Welsh animation.
But the toddler and his 20 friends couldn’t believe their eyes when Hornchurch fire station’s white watch crew manager Keith Soundy, and his team, turned up in their fire engine delivered Danny’s cake on Sunday.
Mum Laraine Redman, 35, from Guardian Close, said: “No amount of money could pay for such an amazing gesture by our local fire station.
“Everyone was completely indebted to the force for taking the time out of their busy schedules to make a group of children exceptionally happy.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish to thank them from the bottom of my heart for making my little boy the centre of attention and for this extraordinary act of kindness.
“They made a little boy`s dream come true – this will never be forgotten.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 8 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
“A huge number of local children in Hornchurch have spoken about nothing else when arriving at their nursery on Monday morning,
Laraine had asked Keith to attend the party, just across the road from the station, a few weeks earlier.
He agreed - as long as there were no emergencies.
“When he phoned to say he was coming to say I was elated was the biggest understatement ever,” said Laraine. “The entire team arrived and stopped right outside the venue, they all came into Rocky`s and shook my son`s hand.
“Keith had his photograph taken with my son and my dad, with his birthday cake. The rest of the team stood talking to the other children and parents.
“The children were totally captivated by all the firemen and were speaking to them non-stop about their work and the fire engine.”