Real Fireman Sam makes dream come true for cartoon-mad Hornchurch boy
A Hornchurch boy’s dream came true at the weekend when the real Fireman Sam – and some heroes next door - gave him a special birthday surprise.
Sam superfan Danny Redman had his third birthday in Rocky’s Fun Cafe, in North Street, Hornchurch - themed around the Welsh animation.
But the toddler and his 20 friends couldn’t believe their eyes when Hornchurch fire station’s white watch crew manager Keith Soundy, and his team, turned up in their fire engine delivered Danny’s cake on Sunday.
Mum Laraine Redman, 35, from Guardian Close, said: “No amount of money could pay for such an amazing gesture by our local fire station.
“Everyone was completely indebted to the force for taking the time out of their busy schedules to make a group of children exceptionally happy.
“I wish to thank them from the bottom of my heart for making my little boy the centre of attention and for this extraordinary act of kindness.
“They made a little boy`s dream come true – this will never be forgotten.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
“A huge number of local children in Hornchurch have spoken about nothing else when arriving at their nursery on Monday morning,
Laraine had asked Keith to attend the party, just across the road from the station, a few weeks earlier.
He agreed - as long as there were no emergencies.
“When he phoned to say he was coming to say I was elated was the biggest understatement ever,” said Laraine. “The entire team arrived and stopped right outside the venue, they all came into Rocky`s and shook my son`s hand.
“Keith had his photograph taken with my son and my dad, with his birthday cake. The rest of the team stood talking to the other children and parents.
“The children were totally captivated by all the firemen and were speaking to them non-stop about their work and the fire engine.”