Read pleases Romford boss
Martin hails debut double
ALEX READ’S debut double in a 2-0 Ryman One North win at Ware left Romford boss Paul Martin a happy man.
Read signed from Redbridge on Friday evening and struck twice in the second half as Boro rode their luck, at times, to move up to seventh.
He said: “Alex is a decent signing. He made a name for himself at Redbridge and we’ve been struggling a bit up front.
“He gave a good account of himself and we’ve got four forwards now. I’ve got be happy.
“They hit the woodwork three times, but Adam had two of them covered, they clipped the bar and went over.
“The third one should’ve punished us, but we still defended in the right manner and caught them on the counter.
- 1 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 2 Romford mother lived in squalor after mental health 'failings', court hears
- 3 London Fire Brigade Cadets on-hand to help Wennington residents trim hedges and clear up their gardens
- 4 New three-storey building with flats looking to be built behind disused Rainham pub
- 5 Daughter pulls father out of care home after 'fall leaves him bedbound'
- 6 The Hop Inn: Hornchurch pub named best in London for second year running
- 7 Court: Romford mum died from Covid-19 after Queen's Hospital failings, inquest hears
- 8 Man stabbed in Harold Hill
- 9 Havering A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 10 'Really proud’: Hornchurch mother tackles English Channel in relay swim for charity
“That’s seven clean sheets now this season and we’re going well. It’s a start we never expected and hopefully we can keep carrying it on.”