Read pleases Romford boss
Martin hails debut double
ALEX READ’S debut double in a 2-0 Ryman One North win at Ware left Romford boss Paul Martin a happy man.
Read signed from Redbridge on Friday evening and struck twice in the second half as Boro rode their luck, at times, to move up to seventh.
He said: “Alex is a decent signing. He made a name for himself at Redbridge and we’ve been struggling a bit up front.
“He gave a good account of himself and we’ve got four forwards now. I’ve got be happy.
You may also want to watch:
“They hit the woodwork three times, but Adam had two of them covered, they clipped the bar and went over.
“The third one should’ve punished us, but we still defended in the right manner and caught them on the counter.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
“That’s seven clean sheets now this season and we’re going well. It’s a start we never expected and hopefully we can keep carrying it on.”