Read pleases Romford boss
Martin hails debut double
ALEX READ’S debut double in a 2-0 Ryman One North win at Ware left Romford boss Paul Martin a happy man.
Read signed from Redbridge on Friday evening and struck twice in the second half as Boro rode their luck, at times, to move up to seventh.
He said: “Alex is a decent signing. He made a name for himself at Redbridge and we’ve been struggling a bit up front.
“He gave a good account of himself and we’ve got four forwards now. I’ve got be happy.
You may also want to watch:
“They hit the woodwork three times, but Adam had two of them covered, they clipped the bar and went over.
“The third one should’ve punished us, but we still defended in the right manner and caught them on the counter.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
“That’s seven clean sheets now this season and we’re going well. It’s a start we never expected and hopefully we can keep carrying it on.”