Read pleases Romford boss
Martin hails debut double
ALEX READ’S debut double in a 2-0 Ryman One North win at Ware left Romford boss Paul Martin a happy man.
Read signed from Redbridge on Friday evening and struck twice in the second half as Boro rode their luck, at times, to move up to seventh.
He said: “Alex is a decent signing. He made a name for himself at Redbridge and we’ve been struggling a bit up front.
“He gave a good account of himself and we’ve got four forwards now. I’ve got be happy.
You may also want to watch:
“They hit the woodwork three times, but Adam had two of them covered, they clipped the bar and went over.
“The third one should’ve punished us, but we still defended in the right manner and caught them on the counter.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
“That’s seven clean sheets now this season and we’re going well. It’s a start we never expected and hopefully we can keep carrying it on.”