Re-appeal for missing Brentwood girl
Police and carers of a teenage girl who went missing over a week ago are becoming increasingly concerned for her welfare.
Nafisa Diyar, who turns 16 later this month, lives with foster parents in Brentwod.
Essex Police have now released a more recent photo of the girl who they say is “extremely vulnerable”.
Nafisa, usually known to friends as Naz, was last seen at Brentwood rail station at about 6.15pm on Friday June 3.
She has lived in areas of London, including Ealing and Ilford, where she may have friends and contacts and may have been travelling to meet friends in London.
You may also want to watch:
Nafisa is an intelligent and lively young woman, but she can sometimes allow herself to be easily led by others into risky situations, police said.
She takes prescription medicine, and carers are worried that she may have run out without getting new supplies.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 7 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
Chief Inspector Simon Werrett, Brentwood district commander, said: “Nafisa is an extremely vulnerable girl but who can look around 18 years old and had only �15 when she went missing. She has no access to any bank accounts.
“We want to hear from anyone who may have seen her on Friday afternoon or any time since. She may have been travelling by train on Friday evening or walking away from the station. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you do know where she has been recently, Nafisa is certainly better off being cared for properly.”
Nafisa is black, 5ft 5in tall and had her hair in a black Afro and pony tail. When last seen she was wearing a black mini-dress with stockings and boots. She has several facial piercings and wears a brace on her teeth. Nafisa’s birthday is on 26 June.
Anyone with information should contact Brentwood police station on 0300 333 4444.