Rainham Tesco shoppers donate nearly �2,000 to Romford and District Royal Marines Association
Rainham shoppers splashed out and donated an impressive �1968 to the Royal Marines Association over two days last week.
The Romford and District branch of the association that supports injured servicemen and women, as well as the families of those who have died at war, set up shop in Tesco, Bridge Road, on Wednesday September 12 and Thursday September 13.
Branch chairman Les Wright said he was particularly grateful to one man who donated �50.
“The branch would also like to mention the managers and staff at the store for their continued support of our service personnel, both retired and serving,” he added.
The association meets at Hornchurch Royal British Legion on the third Wednesday of each month at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to help or interested in joining the association should contact the chairman on 01708 509 673.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford