Rainham Tesco shoppers donate nearly �2,000 to Romford and District Royal Marines Association
Rainham shoppers splashed out and donated an impressive �1968 to the Royal Marines Association over two days last week.
The Romford and District branch of the association that supports injured servicemen and women, as well as the families of those who have died at war, set up shop in Tesco, Bridge Road, on Wednesday September 12 and Thursday September 13.
Branch chairman Les Wright said he was particularly grateful to one man who donated �50.
“The branch would also like to mention the managers and staff at the store for their continued support of our service personnel, both retired and serving,” he added.
The association meets at Hornchurch Royal British Legion on the third Wednesday of each month at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to help or interested in joining the association should contact the chairman on 01708 509 673.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’