Rainham’s own Star Paws
If someone told you their pet looked like a Star Wars character you could be forgiven for thinking they were from a galaxy far, far away.
But pet competition judges thought Rainham Shar-pei Coco’s likeness to Princess Leia was so out of this world they made her runner up out of 6,000 hairy hopefuls.
Owner Leanne Edgell, 21, and her sister, Maddi, 15, decided on the barking mad fancy dress outfit for the nine-year-old after stumbling across the My Pet Superstar competition on the internet.
Law and psychology student Leanne said: “She’s a bit of a dope really, she just sits there and let’s us do it.
“We just thought she looked a bit silly but we were really surprised to do so well in the competition.
You may also want to watch:
“My brother is into Star Wars so we just decided to try dressing her up like Princess Leia.”
Thanks to Coco’s use of the force, the girls have won a year’s subscription to Your Dog and a supply of Drongal worming tablets, from cthe ompetition organiser, but Coco’s battle with the forces of darkness may not be over.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 3 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
Leanne said: “We are not sure what we will dress her in next but we do have a blonde wig which might use.”