Rainham residents in festive sing-a-long
RAINHAM residents braved the cold to enjoy and outdoor carol session on Friday.
Dozens of youngsters turned up for the festive sing-a-long, held at the revamped Orchard Village estate.
The Carol Around the Christmas Tree event was organised by the Old Ford Housing Association and led by teacher John Broadis on guitar.
Afterwards, residents got a chance to warm up with a free hot chocolate and mince pies.
Old Ford Housing customer services advisor, Andrew Wheeler, said: “This is the third year we’ve done it and each year it gets stronger. It was great to see so many people turn up and sing their hearts out despite the cold weather.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were fantastic.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids