Rainham residents in festive sing-a-long
RAINHAM residents braved the cold to enjoy and outdoor carol session on Friday.
Dozens of youngsters turned up for the festive sing-a-long, held at the revamped Orchard Village estate.
The Carol Around the Christmas Tree event was organised by the Old Ford Housing Association and led by teacher John Broadis on guitar.
Afterwards, residents got a chance to warm up with a free hot chocolate and mince pies.
Old Ford Housing customer services advisor, Andrew Wheeler, said: “This is the third year we’ve done it and each year it gets stronger. It was great to see so many people turn up and sing their hearts out despite the cold weather.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were fantastic.”
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals