Rainham residents in festive sing-a-long
RAINHAM residents braved the cold to enjoy and outdoor carol session on Friday.
Dozens of youngsters turned up for the festive sing-a-long, held at the revamped Orchard Village estate.
The Carol Around the Christmas Tree event was organised by the Old Ford Housing Association and led by teacher John Broadis on guitar.
Afterwards, residents got a chance to warm up with a free hot chocolate and mince pies.
Old Ford Housing customer services advisor, Andrew Wheeler, said: “This is the third year we’ve done it and each year it gets stronger. It was great to see so many people turn up and sing their hearts out despite the cold weather.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were fantastic.”
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote