Rainham pub offers bite of Jessica Ennis rump
Fancy a bite of Jessica Ennis rump? Then hop, skip and jump along to a Rainham pub which has created a moo-ving homage to this summer’s sporting heroes - by branding some well-known faces on prime cuts of steak!
The Albion, in Rainham Road, has created this unique gallery of stars, who are steak-ing a claim to be named Sports Personality of the Year.
They include Olympic stars: Jess-steak-a Ennis, Sir-Loin Chris Hoy and Flaming Mo Farah.
US Open tennis champion Andy Moo-ray, Tour de France winner Bradley Grillins and golf champion Rory McIl‘rump’ complete the line-up.
Bernadette Isaacs, general manager at the Albion, said: “It’s a shame we couldn’t make more because there have been so many heroes but we wanted to recognise some of those who played their part in the way we know best – flame grilled steak!”
You may also want to watch:
The pub’s owner Flaming Grill worked with food artist Prudence Staite to create the cook-a-likes in time for the chain’s Steak Festival – running in the Albion until October 21.
The pub’s line-up will be available in rump, sirloin, t-bone and rib-eye steaks along with lamb rump and tuna steak.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'