Rainham mechanic recovering after crash in police car
A RAINHAM mechanic who survived a horrific crash in Walthamstow yesterday (January 12) is recovering in hospital.
The 62-year-old was driving a marked police car when it collided with a lorry ni thhe A406, near Walthamstow, in east London.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene and taken to an east London hospital.
The man’s injuries are not life threatening or life changing, police said.
He has a broken arm and a superficial head injury and is due to have an operation this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van