Rainham man, 30, gets suspended jail sentence for stealing perfume box
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Rainham man Ameer Shah was handed a suspended jail sentence after stealing two gift boxes from a perfume shop.
Shah, 30, of Melville Road, took the boxes from The Perfume Shop, in Vicarage Fields, Barking, on February 17.
He also failed to attend an appointment at Havering CJIT in High Street, Romford, on the same day, which he had been ordered by the court to do.
Barkingside magistrates gave Shah a six-week suspended prison sentence on April 15 after he pleaded guilty to both offences.
He must also pay an £80 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
You may also want to watch:
Shah will be under a curfew at his home address between 7pm and 7am daily until July 15.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority