Firefighters attend two blazes at Rainham landfill sites
- Credit: Archant
The London Fire Brigade attended two fires over the weekend in Rainham.
A pile of mixed waste was alight at a landfill site in Ferry Lane on Friday, October 25.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to the scene at 5.50pm and the fire was under control by 8.26pm.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Fire crews from Harold Hill, Dagenham, Hornchurch and Barking attended another fire at a disused landfill site on Launders Lane in Rainham on Sunday, October 27.
You may also want to watch:
An area of wasteland was alight and there were no reports of any injuries.
Four fire engines and 25 firefighters were called to the scene at 4.55pm and the fire was under control by 8.57pm.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority