'Grown up together': Rainham family searching for three-legged cat
- Credit: Hannah Roberts
A worried Rainham family is appealing for help to find their three-legged cat Marv, who has been missing for days.
Owner Hannah Roberts said her family was very concerned as he does not usually disappear for days on end.
The 11-year-old cat is the same age as Hannah's younger child, and she said the two of them have "grown up together."
Hannah added: "He is a creature of habit, and always comes in at a certain time.
"We're worried because this is really out of character."
She has not seen Marv since before work on Thursday (July 22), at around 6am or 7am.
Marv, who had his left leg amputated several years ago, has a "very distinctive meow" and is microchipped.
- 1 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 4 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 5 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 6 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 7 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 8 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 9 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
"He is well-known on our road because he terrorises the other cats," Hannah explained.
"I think we has a chip on his shoulder because of his amputated leg."