Rainham dance group needs your vote!
A STREET dance group from Rainham could be crowned the UK’s hottest dance act in an online vote.
Dem Lot, who are based at St Helen’s Church, Upminster Road South, face vote the vote after being named as London’s best dance act in August.
The group had got through to the London regional final of the contest in Leicester Square by performing in front of judge and Strictly Come Dancing star Brendan Cole.
Their choreographer Nicola Steward said: “I think it’s amazing. The fact that they’ve only been together since January, for them to have the chance to win the UK’s best dance act is incredible.
“It shows all their hard work, and I think they show what’s going to be happening to street dance in the future, they’re a great representation of what’s to come.”
You may also want to watch:
The seven members of the group are between the ages of nine and 13, and also recently took part in auditions for Sky1 show Got to Dance.
To watch a video of them performing in Leicester Square, and to vote for them to win the title and �1,000 prize visit www.barclayslive.co.uk.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
Readers have until January 5 to vote.