Rainham car dealership to star in TV documentary
- Credit: Archant
Instead of sell, sell, sell its lights, camera, action at a car dealership, which is to be the subject of a new fly-on-the-wall series for Channel 4.
The Essex Car Company, on New Road, Rainham, was picked over dozens of dealerships across the country to showcase the day-to-day workings of car salesmen.
The Dealership, as it is currently known, is being filmed at the firm for four months.
It is being produced by Richard Macer, who has made documentaries including those on singer Shaun Ryder and glamour model Jordan.
Sales Manager Greg Avery, 27, said: “There are some real characters here. Channel 4 wanted a place with a mixture of people. We have a good spectrum of people coming in and out of the dealership, and in the sales staff too.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that while the camera crews had created a buzz around the dealership, it has still been business as usual.
“I’ve not really been aware that they’re there – it feels like they’re part of the team. We have a bit of banter and I reckon we’ll miss them when they’re gone,” he said.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
Greg added: “Some people play up to the camera, while some people act like they’re not even there.
The three-part mini-series will be broadcast later this year.