Rainbow Trust, Harold Wood, to auction rare book of historic West Ham images
- Credit: Archant
A Harold Wood charity shop hopes to raise some cash by auctioning a rare book.
Fifty Years a Borough: The Story of West Ham was donated to the Rainbow Trust shop in Station Road last month.
The photo book contains historic images of West Ham from its pre-London days, and even has an order of service tucked inside it from the 1936 golden jubilee of the borough’s incorporation.
“Someone donated it and I just picked it out as I thought it might be something a bit special,” said volunteer Philip Gesson.
The Rainbow Trust supports the families of youngsters who have life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in the book – some of which is reproduced here – contact Philip on 01708 760 530.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court