Race against time to raise money for dog’s sight-saving operation
A partially-blind dog needs ₤3,000 in a race against time to have an operation on both eyes.
Buddy, a golden retriever, was given up by his owners when they could no longer afford him. He is now living with Hornchurch Animal Rescue founder Donna Evans.
The three-year-old has cataracts in both eyes and needs an operation to restore his sight.
But it is a race against time as the disease is quite advanced and means he needs the operations as soon as possible.
If he is not able to get the treatment he would be left mostly blind, if not completely, for the rest of his life.
You may also want to watch:
After a Romford Recorder campaign the rescue centre raised ₤250 for a consultation with an eye specialist last month.
Davies Vet Specialist is giving a ₤1,000 discount for the procedure, but the centre has set a target of a month to raise the ₤3,000 needed for both eye operations.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
Donna said: “We have set a month’s target as a deadline because his eyesight is deteriorating so rapidly.
“The vet said the sooner he has the surgery the better. If it is left any longer he could go completely blind because it is fairly advanced.
“Hopefully the surgery will be a complete success. He is a fantastic dog and deserves this.
“We have so many animals in the rescue centre we just don’t have any extra funds for this.”
The group has already organised a pub crawl treasure hunt in Hornchurch on June 30, a pamper evening and a sponsored walk.
Fore details log on to the Facebook page Hornchurch Animal Rescue and Rehoming.
To sponsor Buddy visit www.sponsorformsonline.co.uk/donnaevans.asp.
To donate visit www.hornchurchpetservices.co.uk or call Hill Park Vets on 01708 458424, stating Hornchurch Animal Rescue for Buddy.