Queen’s visit to Harold Hill: Queen stops to talk to eight-year-old Sophie Milton
An eight-year-old managed to catch the Queen’s eye with a photo of the Diamond Jubilee Party at her school.
Sophie Milton from Pyrgo Priory School in Settle Road, Harold Hill was holding a photograph from the party when the Queen stopped to talk to her.
Sophie said: “She stopped and asked me what the photo was of.
“I told her that it was from our Jubilee party and and she said it looked very nice- I was just really happy.”
Sophie was one of 400 students from her school to wave the Queen off as she left Drapers’ Academy in Settle Road, last Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Fred Patten said: “It was very nice for the Queen to stop to talk to Sophie and I think it was the photo that caught her eye.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel