Put your best foot forward in a fundraising Zumbathon
�Put your best foot forward for First Step by taking part in a fundraising Zumbathon.
The event at the David Lloyd gym in Squirrel’s Heath has been organised by Zumba instructor Keely Spelling.
Keely’s son Teddy, three, has started attending a weekly support group at First Step this month with potential Asperger’s syndrome.
Keely said, after seeing the work of the children’s charity in Hornchurch, she wanted to run the event to help raise money for services provided at its centre.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I was referred to First Step by a friend who also has a son who attends. They do brilliant work and know what they are doing. They really pay attention to every child and it’s fantastic.
“Teddy goes to pre-school but is now also coming to First Step once a week to get support. It will be the first time he will be with others who have a similar condition to him, which will help him.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
Keely, who teaches Zumba at the David Lloyd gym, will be running the event with two of her colleagues, Chris Roberts and Rhiannon Sparrow. It will include two hours of Zumba, bongo players and music by DJ Jameson.
The event is on Saturday, September 22; arrival is at 7.30pm for an 8pm start.
It costs �10 per adult, �5 for children under 16, and under 12s must have an adult with them.
n To reserve a place call Keely on 077010 68691 and you can pay on the night.