Put your best foot forward in a fundraising Zumbathon
�Put your best foot forward for First Step by taking part in a fundraising Zumbathon.
The event at the David Lloyd gym in Squirrel’s Heath has been organised by Zumba instructor Keely Spelling.
Keely’s son Teddy, three, has started attending a weekly support group at First Step this month with potential Asperger’s syndrome.
Keely said, after seeing the work of the children’s charity in Hornchurch, she wanted to run the event to help raise money for services provided at its centre.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I was referred to First Step by a friend who also has a son who attends. They do brilliant work and know what they are doing. They really pay attention to every child and it’s fantastic.
“Teddy goes to pre-school but is now also coming to First Step once a week to get support. It will be the first time he will be with others who have a similar condition to him, which will help him.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Keely, who teaches Zumba at the David Lloyd gym, will be running the event with two of her colleagues, Chris Roberts and Rhiannon Sparrow. It will include two hours of Zumba, bongo players and music by DJ Jameson.
The event is on Saturday, September 22; arrival is at 7.30pm for an 8pm start.
It costs �10 per adult, �5 for children under 16, and under 12s must have an adult with them.
n To reserve a place call Keely on 077010 68691 and you can pay on the night.