Princess Anne’s flying visit to Brentwood
Princess Anne visited Brentwood’s Save the Children shop last Thursday to celebrate its first year in the Baytree Shopping Centre.
The Princess Royal is president of the charity and met volunteers at the store.
Adrian Hebbert, regional retail manager at Save the Children, said: “It is as honour that HRH the Princess Royal visited our shop to meet with the team and thank them for the work that they do.
“It was wonderful to share with her our experiences of our first year in the Baytree shopping centre, having moved from the High Street in Brentwood. The shop has been a great success, thanks to our fantastic volunteers who dedicate their time to our cause and the support of Brentwood’s residents.”
While in the town she also visited Brentwood School where an impromptu helipad was set up.
You may also want to watch:
Staff and pupils lined the streets and she was greeted by headmaster Ian Davies and student head of school Lauren Tai.
The royal guest, who was accompanied by Lord Petre, the Lord-Lieutenant of Essex and the Queen’s official representative in the county, gave a quick wave before flying off in The Queen’s Helicopter Flight.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
Mr Davies said it was an honour for the school to welcome its second royal visitor in a year. Last November the Princess Royal’s brother, the Earl of Wessex, officially opened the school’s new Sixth Form Centre and Wessex Auditorium.