Children at Barkingside Jewish primary school enjoy Shabbaton and weekend away in Kent
- Credit: Wohl Ilford Jewish Primary School
Year Five pupils at Wohl Ilford Jewish Primary School in Barkingside enjoyed a residential Shabbaton and weekend at Skeet Hill House in Kent.
Over Shabbat, pupils from the school in Forest Road enjoyed a variety of games and activities including the Mitzvah Board Game and Parasha Plays all of which were run by young, enthusiastic Madrichim from Tribe (Young United Synagogue).
Throughout the rest of the weekend, the Year Five pupils enjoyed treasure hunts, quizzes, swimming, zip wire, obstacle courses and more.
Deborah Harris, Jewish studies lead, said: “This was a wonderful opportunity for our pupils to experience Shabbat and to enjoy a weekend away together.
“We are extremely grateful to Tribe for all their help and support both before and during the weekend to ensure that it was a success.
You may also want to watch:
“As one of our Year Five pupils wrote - Thank you to all the WIJPS staff, Skeet and Tribe for taking us away for the weekend - it felt like one big family!”
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 5 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 6 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 9 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions