Preview: Leyton Orient v Dagenham & Redbridge
Brisbane Road, Wednesday, September 07, kick-off 7pm.
Daggers will be without captain and August Player of the Month nominee Mark Arber for tonight’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy first round clash with Leyton Orient.
Arber missed Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Hereford with a back injury and will be unavailable again for the short trip across east London, so Scott Doe should skipper the side.
Luke Howell is also out, as are Rob Edmans, Josh Scott, Kevin Maher, Medy Elito and Jon Nurse.
Better news though, sees Femi Ilesanmi in contention to replace Damien McCrory at left-back after overcoming an ankle problem, while Billy Bingham should be involved for the first time this season.
You may also want to watch:
Leyton Orient are sweating over the fitness of winger Dean Cox, currently struggling with a virus, while Leon McSweeney is also doubtful with a back injury.
Matt Spring (groin) and Scott Cuthbert (calf) are also unlikely to be involved.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
Goalkeepers Jamie Jones and David Button are definitely out with respective shoulder problems, so Lee Butcher will start in goal for Russell Slade’s side.
Both teams are obliged to field six of their 11 top appearance makers in league games this season under competition rules.
Previous Meeting: Tuesday, March 22 – Leyton Orient 1 Daggers 1