Preview: Daggers v Notts County
Victoria Road, Saturday, April 9, kick-off: 3pm
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Solomon Taiwo has recovered from an ankle injury, but is unlikely to feature in Saturday’s crunch match with Notts County.
The Cardiff City loanee has missed Daggers last five games with an injury originally suffered in the draw at Swindon, but resumed training this week.
However, manager John Still could name an unchanged side from Tuesday night’s 2-0 defeat to Peterborough, with the visit of fellow strugglers Notts County coming to soon for Taiwo.
“He’s fit again, but not quite ready for Saturday,” said Still.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s back in training and we hope he’ll be involved next week.”
John Akinde and Oliver Lee made their home debuts in the midweek defeat to promotion-chasing Posh and the Daggers boss hinted the pair are likely to feature again as they seek to end a run of three straight defeats.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
“I’ve been very pleased with him (Lee),” said Still.
“He’s done well and I don’t think it would be beyond him to play three times in a week.
“John’s played 80 minutes on Tuesday. He was a bit stiff afterwards, but I should think he’ll be fine on Saturday.
“I haven’t made my mind up, but he could start again.”
The Magpies arrive at Victoria Road on the back of a dismal run of six consecutive defeats, which led to the departure of Paul Ince last weekend.
Caretaker boss Carl Heggs will be without suspended pair Mike Edwards and Ricky Ravenhill, while midfielder David Martin has picked up an ankle injury in training and is a major doubt.
Daggers slipped into the bottom four following the defeat to Peterborough, but a win would see them leapfrog Saturday’s opponents, who sit just one point and one place above Still’s side.