Preview: Dagenham & Redbridge v Swindon Town
Victoria Road, Tuesday, August 16, kick-off: 7.45pm
Defender Abu Ogogo and striker Sam Williams are the latest additions to Daggers mounting injury list and are major doubts for tonight’s visit of Swindon Town.
Ogogo limped off 44 minutes into Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to AFC Wimbledon with a groin injury, while Williams lasted the full 90 minutes, but is struggling to be fit for tonight’s match.
With Richard Rose (groin), Rob Edmans (leg), Josh Scott (hip flexor) Damian Scannell (groin), Kevin Maher (foot), Billy Bingham (knee), Phil Walsh (toe) and Peter Gain (hernia) all definitely missing, Daggers are down to the bare bones.
Full-back Femi Ilesanmi is also doubtful with an ankle problem, but assistant boss Wayne Burnett is confident his side can make amends for Saturday’s defeat.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s no better thing than to get another game, so you can put the last game behind you,” said Burnett.
“That’s the beauty of football. You can dispel that very quickly because we have a game on Tuesday, we haven’t got to wait a week and hopefully on Tuesday we can put it right.”
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 4 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
The visitors will be without Alessandro Cibocchi (ankle), but goalkeeper Mattia Lanzano has recovered from a rib injury and manager Paolo Di Canio, must choose between him and Phil Smith.
Previous meeting: Saturday, October 2 – Daggers 2 Swindon Town 1