Preview: Dagenham & Redbridge v Swindon Town
Victoria Road, Tuesday, August 16, kick-off: 7.45pm
Defender Abu Ogogo and striker Sam Williams are the latest additions to Daggers mounting injury list and are major doubts for tonight’s visit of Swindon Town.
Ogogo limped off 44 minutes into Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to AFC Wimbledon with a groin injury, while Williams lasted the full 90 minutes, but is struggling to be fit for tonight’s match.
With Richard Rose (groin), Rob Edmans (leg), Josh Scott (hip flexor) Damian Scannell (groin), Kevin Maher (foot), Billy Bingham (knee), Phil Walsh (toe) and Peter Gain (hernia) all definitely missing, Daggers are down to the bare bones.
Full-back Femi Ilesanmi is also doubtful with an ankle problem, but assistant boss Wayne Burnett is confident his side can make amends for Saturday’s defeat.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s no better thing than to get another game, so you can put the last game behind you,” said Burnett.
“That’s the beauty of football. You can dispel that very quickly because we have a game on Tuesday, we haven’t got to wait a week and hopefully on Tuesday we can put it right.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
The visitors will be without Alessandro Cibocchi (ankle), but goalkeeper Mattia Lanzano has recovered from a rib injury and manager Paolo Di Canio, must choose between him and Phil Smith.
Previous meeting: Saturday, October 2 – Daggers 2 Swindon Town 1