Preview: Dagenham & Redbridge v AFC Wimbledon
Victoria Road, Saturday, August 13, kick-off 3pm.
Injury-hit Daggers could be without eight first team players for the club’s first ever match with AFC Wimbledon on Saturday.
Richard Rose, Rob Edmans, Damian Scannell, Kevin Maher, Billy Bingham and Peter Gain are all definitely out. Meanwhile, Josh Scott (hip-flexor) and Femi Ilesanmi (ankle) are doubtful.
But Daggers will have keeper Chris Lewington available again after serving a one-match suspension for his sending off at Macclesfield, so boss John Still must decide whether to go with the 22-year-old or Arsenal loanee James Shea between the sticks.
Still said: “We held Chris back a little bit last year because we were an inexperienced side. Three of the back four are 22 and under, when Femi Ilesanmi comes in it’s still the same, so it was only Mark Arber and Tony Roberts really that had the experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I always knew that Tony was going if I’m honest, and we’ve never had a problem with Chris.
“We wanted to have two goalkeepers, so we’ve brought James Shea in and we feel we have good competition in that area, but we rate Chris highly and always have done.
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
“The injury stopped me from making a choice (Shea started Saturday’s game on the bench due to an ankle injury), they’ve both been terrific in training and we’ll have to have a look at who goes in on Saturday.”