Pre-season friendlies postponed
Hornchurch and Romford get night off
Hornchurch’s pre-season friendly against Brentwood at Barking tonight has been called off.
Ongoing disturbances in London have led to a host of sporting events being postponed and a statement on the club’s website said: “Following consultation with the Metropolitan Police, the decision has been taken to cancel this evening’s ‘away’ friendly vs Brentwood Town which was to be staged at Barking FC’s ground.”
Hornchurch will end their preparations for the new Ryman Premier Division season against Maidstone on Saturday (1pm).
Romford’s pre-season friendly against Aveley tonight has been postponed.
You may also want to watch:
Boro were due to meet their landlords at Mill Field, but those hopes have been shattered.
A statement said: “The friendly away to Aveley is postponed due to water problems with a mains pipe. Apologies on behalf of Romford and Aveley.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Paul Martin’s men had celebrated a 3-1 win over FC Clacton on Saturday and will end their pre-season campaign with a trip to Hythe Town this weekend before the new Ryman Division One North season kicks off on August 20.