Pre-season friendlies postponed
Hornchurch and Romford get night off
Hornchurch’s pre-season friendly against Brentwood at Barking tonight has been called off.
Ongoing disturbances in London have led to a host of sporting events being postponed and a statement on the club’s website said: “Following consultation with the Metropolitan Police, the decision has been taken to cancel this evening’s ‘away’ friendly vs Brentwood Town which was to be staged at Barking FC’s ground.”
Hornchurch will end their preparations for the new Ryman Premier Division season against Maidstone on Saturday (1pm).
Romford’s pre-season friendly against Aveley tonight has been postponed.
You may also want to watch:
Boro were due to meet their landlords at Mill Field, but those hopes have been shattered.
A statement said: “The friendly away to Aveley is postponed due to water problems with a mains pipe. Apologies on behalf of Romford and Aveley.”
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom
Paul Martin’s men had celebrated a 3-1 win over FC Clacton on Saturday and will end their pre-season campaign with a trip to Hythe Town this weekend before the new Ryman Division One North season kicks off on August 20.