Polls open in Havering young leader elections
A new “young leader” for the borough is to be chosen by Havering youngsters this week.
One of three candidates will be selected in an online ballot that closes tomorrow (Thursday).
The hopefuls, who are all live in the borough and are aged aged from 16 to 21, are Princess Bright, Alice Donohue and Sophie Bland.
Councillor Paul Rochford, cabinet member for children and young people, said he hopes the election will make teenagers “sit up and take notice” of local democracy.
He added: “Politics has a huge involvement in all aspects of their lives, from the public transport they take to school or college, to the cost of university and the places they like to go with their friends.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Rochford also paid tribute to the outgoing youth leader, Alicia Murphy from Elm Park.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/havering.youngleader or www.havering.gov.uk and search “young leader.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations