Police reveal cause of Harold Hill explosion
PUBLISHED: 15:36 04 March 2018 | UPDATED: 17:38 04 March 2018
Police have said that the cause of the explosion in Harold Hill was a faulty fridge.
Officers and emergency services attended the scene in Farnham Road at around 1.30pm today, and have told the Recorder that the incident was a gas explosion linked to a faulty fridge.
They said that there had been no injuries and limited damage.
Residents are in the process of being evacuated from the building.
Local road closures are in place. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to avoid the area.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.