Police release pic of man after sex attack on girl, 11
Transport police have released an image of a man they want to speak after an 11-year-old Romford schoolgirl was sexual assualted on busy daytime train.
The youngster boarded at Chadwell Heath station at around 3.40pm on Thursday May 19.
She struck up a conversation with a man, who then dragged her to the back of a Shenfield to Liverpool Street-bound train and indecently touched her.
The victim, from Plaistow, east London, fled at Maryland Station and police were called.
The man alighted at the same stop but escaped by the time police arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as black, of thin build, aged 25-30 years and 6’2” tall.
He had a small moustache and beard and was wearing a red t-shirt, red baseball cap, and a dark body warmer with red lining.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
The victim, who is white, was wearing a white polo-shirt, black leather jacket, black trousers and white trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP on: 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference B5/LNA of 24/05/2011, or Crimestoppers anonymously on: 0800 555 111.