Police release pic of man after sex attack on girl, 11
Transport police have released an image of a man they want to speak after an 11-year-old Romford schoolgirl was sexual assualted on busy daytime train.
The youngster boarded at Chadwell Heath station at around 3.40pm on Thursday May 19.
She struck up a conversation with a man, who then dragged her to the back of a Shenfield to Liverpool Street-bound train and indecently touched her.
The victim, from Plaistow, east London, fled at Maryland Station and police were called.
The man alighted at the same stop but escaped by the time police arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as black, of thin build, aged 25-30 years and 6’2” tall.
He had a small moustache and beard and was wearing a red t-shirt, red baseball cap, and a dark body warmer with red lining.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
The victim, who is white, was wearing a white polo-shirt, black leather jacket, black trousers and white trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP on: 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference B5/LNA of 24/05/2011, or Crimestoppers anonymously on: 0800 555 111.