Police officer given community order for making indecent images of children and possessing extreme animal porn
- Credit: Google Maps
A police officer’s career was left in jeopardy after he was handed a community order for downloading indecent images of children and extreme animal porn.
Pc Lucas Beach appeared at Basildon Crown Court yesterday, and was sentenced to a 36 month community order, and ordered to undertake a sex offenders programme.
The officer works for the East Area Command Unit which covers Havering, Redbridge, and Barking and Dagenham.
At an earlier hearing, Pc Beach admitted possessing prohibited images of children, making indecent images of children and also owning extreme animal pornography.
Charges were brought following an investigation by Essex Police, who raided the officer’s home in Park Road, Wickford, in October last year.
Judge Ian Graham also instructed Pc Beach take part in a 30 day rehabilitation programme and stated he must be subject to a sexual harm prevention order for five years.
A Met spokeswoman said: “Now that criminal proceedings are complete, a special case misconduct hearing will take place.”
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel