Police catch men during Harold Hill break-in
- Credit: Archant
A quick-thinking bystander helped police stop two men breaking into a house.
Officers from the Gooshays Safer Neighbourhoods Team were patrolling in the area on Monday, January 21. They went straight to the house in Retford Road, Harold Hill, after a member of the public heard the beginnings of the break-in and raised the alarm at about 9.15pm.
There they found two men, aged 18 and 20, in possession of illegal drugs and a chisel.
The pair are now being interviewed.
Chief Inspector David Hay said: “This was a great piece of policing, with the officers responding immediately to the emergency call.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the member of the public that made this arrest possible and I would urge everyone to be as vigilant.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds