Police arrest teen after chase from Kent to Romford
- Credit: Archant
A teenager and a man in his twenties were arrested yesterday in Romford on suspicion of burglary following a police chase that began in north Kent.
A Metropolitan Police helicopter was seen circling Romford in a joint pursuit with officers from Kent.
Police initially tried to stop the car in Kent but a chase ensued and came to a halt in St Andrews Road, Romford, at around 4pm.
Lisa Wells, 30, was sitting in her car with her 12-year-old daughter in the Brewery car park when police swamped the area.
Mrs Wells, of Daventry Road, Harold Hill, said she kept her car doors locked in fear as she witnessed “police get out their car, put on their vests, and run” towards the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old man from Bedfordshire and the 29 year old, of Kingswinford, West Midlands, appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court today after they were charged with handling stolen goods and two counts of household burglary.
Did you see the incident? Contact Sam on 0208 477 3892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?