Wanted: Police search for man following robberies at Romford and Dagenham betting shops
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the public’s help in finding a 33-year-old man who is wanted in connection with a series of robberies at bookmakers in east London.
Ben Mark Hilton is wanted by police following four robberies in October and November at venues in Romford and Dagenham.
According to officers from the East Area Command Unit, Mr Hilton waited in and around betting shops at either opening or closing time when he is alone with staff and then threatened them and forced them to hand over money.
The 33-year-old has intimated he may be in possession of a weapon although no one has been seen and no one has been hurt during the offences.
Anyone who has information about Mr Hilton's whereabouts, or that could assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 2227/10Nov.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, residents can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 6 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 7 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back