Pictures: Fantastic day at Romford care home summer fete
- Credit: Archant
Residents and the public were invited to Romford’s nursing care centre’s summer fete on Saturday.
The event was hosted to give residents a day to enjoy as well as raising money for the centre.
Centre activity leader Debbie Parsons said they had one of the largest ever turnouts and were able to raise £950.
The success of this event has ensured that there would be repeats, the next one being the Christmas bazaar.
Ms Parsons also thanked centre manager Glenda Barker, as well as Jeannie and Laura, the activity girls.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Without them the day would not have been as fantastic as it was and even days later the residents were still talking about the fete.”
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57