Pictured: ‘UFO’ sighting over Romford
- Credit: Archant
If something was out there, it would probably try to make contact via Romford.
Or at least that’s a suspicion raised by new images that emerged this week of an UFO over Havering.
Taken from the car park of Romford’s Asda supermarket, one of the images appears to show two dim red lights hovering in the sky. Another enhanced shot seems to show the two lights surrounded by a dark silhouette.
Hornchurch man Bob Williams’ daughter captured the images at dusk in autumn 2012. He said: “She had just got in her car and was getting ready to go when she caught site of the lights through her front windscreen.
“She is always ready to take a picture of anything she finds appealing. She grabbed her mobile phone and took the photograph.
You may also want to watch:
“She watched the UFO briefly before it just shot away, vertically but at an angle.”
“She checked the windscreen to make sure that she hadn’t been watching a leaf or a lump of something and then checked her camera lens for dirt obstructions that might obscure the picture she had taken, realising that she had just photographed something of significance.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 5 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
The 58-year-old former Romford policeman, who takes an interest in modern military aircraft, said he thought the pictures showed something unlike any flying machines he recognised.
“It was not an aircraft, airship, balloon, weather-balloon, kite or model that I had knowledge of, which immediately put it in the ‘unidentified’ category for me,” he said.
“And it was obviously flying! To me, it had all the ingredients of a UFO.”