Pictured: ‘UFO’ sighting over Romford
- Credit: Archant
If something was out there, it would probably try to make contact via Romford.
Or at least that’s a suspicion raised by new images that emerged this week of an UFO over Havering.
Taken from the car park of Romford’s Asda supermarket, one of the images appears to show two dim red lights hovering in the sky. Another enhanced shot seems to show the two lights surrounded by a dark silhouette.
Hornchurch man Bob Williams’ daughter captured the images at dusk in autumn 2012. He said: “She had just got in her car and was getting ready to go when she caught site of the lights through her front windscreen.
“She is always ready to take a picture of anything she finds appealing. She grabbed her mobile phone and took the photograph.
“She watched the UFO briefly before it just shot away, vertically but at an angle.”
“She checked the windscreen to make sure that she hadn’t been watching a leaf or a lump of something and then checked her camera lens for dirt obstructions that might obscure the picture she had taken, realising that she had just photographed something of significance.”
- 1 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 3 Proposal to demolish Hornchurch bungalow to build four-bed house
- 4 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 5 'When it’s hot, it’s a sauna’: Residents rally against scaffolding on Romford apartment building
- 6 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
- 7 Dispersal order enforced in Elm Park amid antisocial behaviour concerns
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 Proposal to build six flats on former Collier Row petrol station
- 10 Town Hall cleaner feels 'failed' as he remains homeless for third month
The 58-year-old former Romford policeman, who takes an interest in modern military aircraft, said he thought the pictures showed something unlike any flying machines he recognised.
“It was not an aircraft, airship, balloon, weather-balloon, kite or model that I had knowledge of, which immediately put it in the ‘unidentified’ category for me,” he said.
“And it was obviously flying! To me, it had all the ingredients of a UFO.”