PICTURE GALLERY: The Queen visits Harold Hill
The Queen’s visit to Harold Hill last week was a special occasion for so many residents.
Click on the video above to see her as she was leaving lunch at Drapers’ Academy.
Gloria Salter, 69, who grew up in nearby Dagnam Park Drive, said: “It is so wonderful that she’s here, although it’s a bit of a shame about the weather.
“I was nine when the coronation happened and I remember it well. We watched it on a nine-inch screen TV and we went to a party on the green down the road.”
Peter Exley, 54, Leyburn Crescent, who has been to many royal events over the years, said: “I got here at eight-o-clock this morning. I didn’t want what happened at the Jubilee to happen again, I turned up and everyone was about seven feet tall, I couldn’t see anything.”
You may also want to watch:
Marcus Lllewellyn-Rothschild, of Harold Hill, said: “It’s always a very proud moment when you see Her Majesty. I’ve been to a garden party before but I was really far away, the crowd was about 40-feet deep.”
To view a gallery of pictures from the day click on the icon near the top-right corner of this article.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Pick up tomorrow’s Romford Recorder for more on the Royal Visit.