Pettits Lane woman, 28, trapped in bathroom for five hours
- Credit: sub
A 28-year-old woman spent five hours trapped in her bathroom after the door’s lock failed to open.
The unnamed woman, of Pettits Lane, Romford, refused to call the London Fire Brigade (LFB) initially.
It was only when a neighbour tried and failed to open the troublesome door did she call the emergency services.
Andy Watson, the Harold Hill watch manager, said: “She did not want to make a fuss.
“There was a problem with the door mechanism.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Watson added the issue is quite common but said his crew “did not mind” having to help the woman at all.
Was it you? Were you trapped in your Pettits Lane home on Friday? Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations