Peterborough keen on Green
Posh director of football Barry Fry reveals interest in Daggers winger
Sought-after winger Danny Green looks set to leave Dagenham & Redbridge, with newly-promoted Peterborough United among the front runners for his signature.
The 22-year-old midfielder played 46 times in all competitions for Daggers last season and was the club’s top-scorer with 13 goals.
Despite Daggers relegation, Green’s performances have not gone unnoticed and his admirers range from Premier League new-boys Norwich City to League Two debutants Crawley Town.
However, Peterborough director of football Barry Fry revealed this week that his club have held talks with Daggers and are confident of tying up a deal soon.
You may also want to watch:
“Danny is one of three midfielders our manager has shown an interest in,” said Fry. “We don’t want all three, but we have lodged bids for the other two which have been turned down for now.
“We face a lot of competition for Danny as I know that Sheffield Wednesday and Crystal Palace are also after him, but our record of giving young players a chance in the first team will give us a good chance.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
“Danny is available and I have spoken to John Still about him.
“I will speak to the Dagenham people this week, but we are keen not to get involved in an auction.”