Permanent Posh deal a possibility for Daggers striker Gayle
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Dwight Gayle has joined Peterborough United on a loan until January 2.
Dagenham & Redbridge managing director Steve Thompson believes a permanent deal is a ‘possibility’ for striker Dwight Gayle if his loan spell at Peterborough goes well.
The 23-year-old striker has joined the Championship outfit on loan until January 2 after enjoying a fine start to life in the Football League with eight goals for the club this season, including one in the 3-2 loss at Burton Albion on Saturday.
Posh are believed to have paid a five figure fee to take the former Arsenal schoolboy on loan until January with the possibility of a permanent deal being agreed, though part of the agreement will see Gayle rejoin Daggers in January.
“There is a possibility that Dwight could join Peterborough in a permanent deal,” said Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
“We see it as part of his development and we have shown good faith in Peterborough having completed a number of deals with them in the past.”
And boss John Still feels they couldn’t get in Gayle’s way of trying his luck at a higher level.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
“Dwight is a player who we believe still needs developing but we don’t want to hold him back,” said Daggers boss John Still.
“We had a lot of offers for Dwight but Peterborough United were the only club who met those terms and he will go to London Road until January 2 before returning to us to continue that development.”