Perfect opportunity for us to put things right insists Doe
Dagenham & Redbridge defender Scott Doe wants to right the wrongs of defeats.
Dagenham & Redbridge defender Scott Doe is one man who is glad his side are in action on New Year’s Day.
The 24-year-old has been an ever present in the Daggers defence this season and after two poor performances at home to Southend and Port Vale, Doe believes the trip to Northampton represent a great opportunity for him and his team-mates to start reproducing on the pitch.
“We have to bounce back and one thing that is good is our away form,” said Doe after Saturday’s 3-2 defeat against Port Vale.
“The best thing about this is that we get to put it right so quick. We have a game on Tuesday which is massive for us as well.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can get a win there it doesn’t make the two home losses as bad.”
Individual errors cost Daggers dearly in the two defeats and the former Weymouth man believes they let themselves down.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
Before the Southend game on Boxing Day they had picked up 15 points out of a possible 21 and Doe is hopeful they can get back to winning ways.
“Errors are one thing that we need to cut out,” he said.
“At the end of the day we know that we are good enough to compete with the best teams in the league so we need to look at it.
“We played Port Vale earlier in the season when they were flying and got a draw and probably should have won the game so we know there is no-one in the league that we can’t beat when we are on our game but we have to cut out the silly errors.”