Pedestrian in his 40s killed in road crash outside Brentwood station
A pedestrian in his 40s died after a road crash outside Brentwood station yesterday morning (Thursday).
As the Recorder went to press, Essex Police were still attempting to trace the man’s next of kin. The man, who has been identified by police, was from the Brentwood area.
The van driver, also in his 40s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information should contact PC Dawn Senior at the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101.
Roads around the area are likely to remain closed for the next hour while police investigate.
You may also want to watch:
If you know the man, please contact the Recorder on 020 8477 3892 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van