Pedestrian in his 40s killed in road crash outside Brentwood station
A pedestrian in his 40s died after a road crash outside Brentwood station yesterday morning (Thursday).
As the Recorder went to press, Essex Police were still attempting to trace the man’s next of kin. The man, who has been identified by police, was from the Brentwood area.
The van driver, also in his 40s, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information should contact PC Dawn Senior at the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101.
Roads around the area are likely to remain closed for the next hour while police investigate.
You may also want to watch:
If you know the man, please contact the Recorder on 020 8477 3892 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'