Pc death coverage a disgrace
I WOULD like to thank the Recorder for its coverage of the death of Pc Gary Toms in its columns and on its website. It s good that the local paper cares about such stories, the national press appear not to care that a policeman lost his life serving the c
I WOULD like to thank the Recorder for its coverage of the death of Pc Gary Toms in its columns and on its website.
It's good that the local paper cares about such stories, the national press appear not to care that a policeman lost his life serving the community. It is a disgrace.
The first national press coverage I saw amounted to a few paragraphs - and days after the Recorder had the story.
I know a man died at the G20 protest in London, even though he had nothing to do with the demo.
You may also want to watch:
But since then loads of people have come out of the woodwork to moan they were given a tap by a police baton or shield.
The national press carry pages and pages about a few protestors getting hit. But an officer dying doesn't merit the same coverage. - NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED (via e-mail).
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?