Pc death coverage a disgrace
I WOULD like to thank the Recorder for its coverage of the death of Pc Gary Toms in its columns and on its website. It s good that the local paper cares about such stories, the national press appear not to care that a policeman lost his life serving the c
I WOULD like to thank the Recorder for its coverage of the death of Pc Gary Toms in its columns and on its website.
It's good that the local paper cares about such stories, the national press appear not to care that a policeman lost his life serving the community. It is a disgrace.
The first national press coverage I saw amounted to a few paragraphs - and days after the Recorder had the story.
I know a man died at the G20 protest in London, even though he had nothing to do with the demo.
You may also want to watch:
But since then loads of people have come out of the woodwork to moan they were given a tap by a police baton or shield.
The national press carry pages and pages about a few protestors getting hit. But an officer dying doesn't merit the same coverage. - NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED (via e-mail).
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites