Part of Romford town centre closed after man falls from building
- Credit: Ken Mears
Part of Romford town centre is closed after a man fell from a height.
South Street, between Market Place and Primark, has been cordoned off while police investigate the incident.
Emergency services were called at 6am this morning to reports of a man falling from a height in South Street.
The man, aged in his fifties, was taken to a major trauma unit.
His condition has been assessed as non life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are on scene working to establish the circumstances and enquiries continue.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?