Park for free this Saturday in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers visiting Brentwood town centre will benefit from free car parking in the run up to Valentine’s Day.
Parking charges will be lifted at the multi-storey care park in Coptfold Road all day by Brentwood Council in an effort to encourage people to shop in the town centre.
And from next week the council will be reducing car park charges for the majority of the borough’s car parks.
The council said it would reduce the cost of its two-hour rate in response to customer demand.
A new 30-minute tariff for 40p will also be introduced in the Chatham Way and multi-storey car park and free parking after 7pm at Chatham Way, and 9pm after all others.
You may also want to watch:
Other improvements include cashless parking from February 13.
Cllr Mark Reed, chairman of Brentwood Council’s town centre, management community and localism panel, said: “It’s great that we are able to help by reducing the cost of parking for most people using our car-parks – and keeping the prices the same for the rest.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 7 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 8 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
“Now there is even more reason to park in Brentwood and Shenfield and use the many facilities on offer there. “