Park for free this Saturday in Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers visiting Brentwood town centre will benefit from free car parking in the run up to Valentine’s Day.
Parking charges will be lifted at the multi-storey care park in Coptfold Road all day by Brentwood Council in an effort to encourage people to shop in the town centre.
And from next week the council will be reducing car park charges for the majority of the borough’s car parks.
The council said it would reduce the cost of its two-hour rate in response to customer demand.
A new 30-minute tariff for 40p will also be introduced in the Chatham Way and multi-storey car park and free parking after 7pm at Chatham Way, and 9pm after all others.
You may also want to watch:
Other improvements include cashless parking from February 13.
Cllr Mark Reed, chairman of Brentwood Council’s town centre, management community and localism panel, said: “It’s great that we are able to help by reducing the cost of parking for most people using our car-parks – and keeping the prices the same for the rest.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
“Now there is even more reason to park in Brentwood and Shenfield and use the many facilities on offer there. “