‘Today is the best day ever’ Parents of Isla Caton announce she is cancer free
- Credit: Archant
The parents of five-year-old Isla Caton from Hornchurch have said ‘today is the best day ever’ after they got the news she is cancer free.
The family have been in Barcelona since August, where Isla has been receiving specialist treatment for her rare-form of cancer - neuroblastoma.
Isla was diagnosed with stage four neuroblastoma in March last year, and after nearly two years of chemotherapy and radiotherapy she is now finally cancer free and in remission.
This morning they tweeted “We have just received the most amazing news - we can confirm that Islas treatment has worked and she is now completely cancer free and in remission. We are completely overwhelmed and cannot thank you enough for the continuous support throughout Islas journey.”
Her mum Nicola told the Recorder: “I can’t stop crying it’s the best day of my whole life”
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve still got a while to go till it’s finished but please god we will get her home cancer free.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 7 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 8 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 9 Police uncover Rainham chop shop with vehicles worth up to £100,000
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge