Paramedic will be strictly dancing at Brentwood charity event
A paramedic will be strutting his stuff on the dance floor at a charity dance event at the Brentwood Centre in March.
Laurie Phillipson, an Essex Air Ambulance paramedic, will be competing in the Strictly Air Ambulance event
He is no stranger to being in the limelight after appearing on ITV’s Auction Party as part of the air ambulance team and last May he was presented with Dr Hilary’s Health Heroes Award live on ITV’s Daybreak.
Laurie will be competing in the dance competition against five other couples with partner Becky Milan-Vega from Britain’s Got Talent. The contestants will each perform two dances on the night, the Waltz and a Latin dance of their choice.
Laurie said: “I am equally excited and nervous about dancing at this year’s Strictly Air Ambulance. I have an excellent dance instructor in Becky and I am really enjoying the lessons; she is very patient with me and encouraging. It is great fun, I love both the songs we will be dancing to.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be on Friday, March 8. Premium tickets cost �15, �12 for standard tickets, and concessions are �13 and �10 respectively.
You can book your tickets by calling 0871 224 1112 or visit EssexAirAmbulance.uk.com.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying