Paramedic will be strictly dancing at Brentwood charity event
A paramedic will be strutting his stuff on the dance floor at a charity dance event at the Brentwood Centre in March.
Laurie Phillipson, an Essex Air Ambulance paramedic, will be competing in the Strictly Air Ambulance event
He is no stranger to being in the limelight after appearing on ITV’s Auction Party as part of the air ambulance team and last May he was presented with Dr Hilary’s Health Heroes Award live on ITV’s Daybreak.
Laurie will be competing in the dance competition against five other couples with partner Becky Milan-Vega from Britain’s Got Talent. The contestants will each perform two dances on the night, the Waltz and a Latin dance of their choice.
Laurie said: “I am equally excited and nervous about dancing at this year’s Strictly Air Ambulance. I have an excellent dance instructor in Becky and I am really enjoying the lessons; she is very patient with me and encouraging. It is great fun, I love both the songs we will be dancing to.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will be on Friday, March 8. Premium tickets cost �15, �12 for standard tickets, and concessions are �13 and �10 respectively.
You can book your tickets by calling 0871 224 1112 or visit EssexAirAmbulance.uk.com.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week