Paralympic Torch comes to Romford
The Paralympic Torch made its way to The Brewery in Romford on a farewell tour this week.
It may be two weeks since the end of the Games, but the Torch was completing a tour of the country to mark the end of the Paralympics.
In Sainsbury’s there was a big turn-out for the event on Tuesday morning with many staff and customers taking the opportunity to be photographed with the Torch.
Lauren Bailey, team leader at Sainsbury’s, The Brewery, Romford said: “It was fantastic to have the Paralympic torch visit our store today, there was a great atmosphere as many of our colleagues and customers got to hold the torch and have their photograph taken with it.
“We are glad that the torch’s visit has given us a final opportunity to celebrate the success of Sainsbury’s sponsorship of the Paralympics and to thank colleagues and customers for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
Rubie Charalambous, centre director said: “While the Paralympic flame may have gone out, the Paralympic torch visit definitely reignited the magic and spirit of the games for our customers in centre today. It was wonderful to see so many people taking part in this final farewell.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals