Pancakes cause false alarm at Branfil School, Upminster

A school had to be evacuated when the smoke alarm went off when the children were making pancakes.

Firefighters from Romford Fire Station were called to the suspected fire at Branfil School in Cedar Avenue, Upminster, which turned out to be a false alarm on Monday February 20 (today) at around 2.30pm.

Crews were on the scene for ten minutes.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter