Opportunity to skydive with Havering charity
DAREDEVILS are being offered the chance to live out one of their dreams to help a Havering-atte-Bower charity.
Saint Francis Hospice, The Hall is giving people the opportunity to take part in a sponsored tandem skydive on June 12.
In return for raising �395 in sponsorship, participants will be offered a free space to jump in Maidstone, Kent, where they can feel the rush of adrenaline, while reaching speeds of 120mph.
Hospice fundraiser Lauren Josman said: “We have twenty spaces available for this thrilling, once in a lifetime experience. If it’s something you’ve always fancied then why not give it ago, and at the same time you’ll be helping people with a life limiting illness in your community.”
Louise Holland, 18, from Romford, did the jump last year. She said: “I was really nervous as we went up in the plane, but the instructors are so friendly and professional, talking to you all the time and putting you completely at ease. The whole experience was just exhilarating, I only wish it had gone on for longer. I would advise anyone to go for it!”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in challenging yourself this year and want to find out more, contact Lauren on 01708 771405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel